CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Programming a DRO

Posted by John Craddock
on 1999-07-07 06:06:41 UTC
Randolph,
Have a look at XCAM http://www.psc-cadcam.com It is a full 3D NURBS cad
with many post processors on the cam back end, including a couple of
Heidenhain. The trouble with Heidenhain is that they change their codes
with every new issue. However, if you enquire at PSC, they should be
able to match it for you.
Regards
John Craddock

-----Original Message-----
Message: 4
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 12:58:25 -0400
From: Randolph Lee <boss@...>
Subject: Re: Programing a DRO
snip
users on the list attempting to do CNC with a Mac?{short of shelling
out the big bucks for Gibbs Cam software}) I have not found anything
for converting a CAD file into the Programing language the Heidenhain
used in it's DRO... Since this seems to be the same language used in
their TNC series of CNC controls I was wondering if the experts here
had any tips for me...

My DRO Is a Heidenhain Positip 855 see the link for details
http://www.heidenhain.com/Products/DigitalReadout/positip.htm
And I have scales on X and Y and the Z knee and Z quill so I can set
a floating datum point...
snip

Matt Shaver 1999-07-06 23:03:45 UTC Re: Programming a DRO John Craddock 1999-07-07 06:06:41 UTC Re: Programming a DRO Randy Lee 1999-07-07 08:57:37 UTC Re: Programming a DRO