CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Programming a DRO

Posted by Randy Lee
on 1999-07-07 08:57:37 UTC
Thanks John I sent them a note to see if they sell the post processors by themselves... not way I could afford the full suite
of their software though...

And Bob... I would be interested in seeing what you have done with the Mac software... I know there are a few of us out here. I
use an old MacIIfx to send files back and forth to the Positip unit as It can only hold 2000 blocks (2 1000 line programs, 20
100 line programs etc.) and I run Softwindows on it to have access to Mr.Machinest... it's on the home network so I can send
files to it from the Cad machine and If Xcam will sell the post processor I would run that there as well... but other than
Gibbs there is not much out there for the Mac user...

John Craddock wrote:

> Randolph,
> Have a look at XCAM http://www.psc-cadcam.com It is a full 3D NURBS cad
> with many post processors on the cam back end, including a couple of
> Heidenhain. The trouble with Heidenhain is that they change their codes
> with every new issue. However, if you enquire at PSC, they should be
> able to match it for you.
> Regards
> John Craddock

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 1999-07-06 23:03:45 UTC Re: Programming a DRO John Craddock 1999-07-07 06:06:41 UTC Re: Programming a DRO Randy Lee 1999-07-07 08:57:37 UTC Re: Programming a DRO