CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Lead screws for ever...

Posted by Smoke
on 2000-10-28 11:58:24 UTC
If your CAD program won't save .gif, save it in .bmp or jpeg. there are plenty of programs available that will convert these to .gif

Smoke
-----Original Message-----
From: Wally K <cnc4me@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>
Date: Saturday, October 28, 2000 6:59 AM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Lead screws for ever...

Hi Cris:

I was wondering how you made your .gif drawing for your lead screw
setup. Are you making it on a CAD program and converting it somehow
to .gif....very nice drawing especially with the color. Could you
post some of the details on how to make drawings like this.

Thank you:
Wally K.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Chris Hellyar" <chris@o...>
wrote:
> Or at least the threads on leadscrews may go on forever...
>
> I thought I might throw my two bits in the hat as well, I've
uploaded a drawing of the mounts I'll be using for router. I sent
this drawing along with full parts drawings to a chap up north and he
made up two and said they work OK. I'm using a standard SKF axial
bearing, about $20 each here, so probably half that in the US.

> The drawing is called chris_lead_mount.gif.
>
> The copper washer is annealed before preloading the thing up. The
bearing retention plates are turned on a lathe out of 10mm billet and
then faced off after making the bearing "flange" to give
roughly .05mm preload on the bearings. The retention nut on the end
of the screw is then wound up to hold the whole package together, and
backs the preload off to about .03mm or so.

> A keyway was added for the pulley by the chap who built one. If he
did up the nut tight enough to hold the pulley the preload was lost
on his setup, but I don't think I'll have that problem with mine.
(Lower torque requirements) I may use a pulley with an integral
collet and grub screws, or do something else cunning, as milling into
a SS shaft is not something I have the gear for.

> Cheers, Chris.
>
> * Design engineer, Assembly worker, Cleaner.
> * Ohmark Electronics. PO Box 5302, Christchurch, New Zealand.
> * http://www.ohmark.co.nz

eGroups Sponsor

Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@...,an unmoderated list for the discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.

Addresses: