CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Which bearings should remove the thrust load?

Posted by r_fl_z@h...
on 2000-10-29 01:23:35 UTC
Wally,

Correct, I'm planning a FIXED on the motor end, and SIMPLE on the
other end of the lead. Just thought I'd verify my logic. Thanks.

Ron

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Wally K" <cnc4me@u...> wrote:
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, r_fl_z@h... wrote:
> > Which bearing should remove the thrust load from a lead screw?
It
> > seems like the bearing set nearest the motor should remove the
> thrust
> > load, in order to allow all deformations to take place away from
> the
> > motor, thereby isolating the motor and minimizing any deformation
> of
> > the sleeve attaching the motor shaft to the lead.
>
> From reading all of your previous posts and looking at your
drawings
> it looks like you are going to try to impliment a ridged mount
> bearing assembly. The motor should be on the same end. The other
> end of your shaft should be a simple mount. It would take a great
> deal of engineering including metallurgy to get a ridged mount to
> work on both ends.
>
> Wally K.

Discussion Thread

r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-29 01:13:31 UTC Which bearings should remove the thrust load? Wally K 2000-10-29 01:57:38 UTC Re: Which bearings should remove the thrust load? r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-29 01:23:35 UTC Re: Which bearings should remove the thrust load? ballendo@y... 2000-10-29 13:02:14 UTC Re: Which bearings should remove the thrust load?