CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pre load specification

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-10-29 01:26:04 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, r_fl_z@h... wrote:
> since the
> torque on the lead screw nut affects the final preload (as I
> understand it), how is the nut torque chosen? How does this torque
> relate to the final pre-load?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Ron

Since ballindo has ancered this question at least 3 times i will
answer it for him.

If you use angular contact bearings they are ground for the proper
preload from the manufacture. If you use a mount were the 2 bearings
are placed face to face you just tighten the nut up a grunt or so.
if you have spacers between the inner races and outer races and the
spacers are exactly the same size you just tighten the nut a grunt or
so. If you run a basterdized ridged mount were you have a spacer on
the outer race only you need to be very carfull tighting the nut.
Several posts have described methodes to adjust for this preload.
From tighting until the handle feels right to measuring end play and
going just a little further. The bottom line is preload is difficult
to adjust for without a lot of experance with this type of thing.
And thats why i am not even going to try....I am going to use ridged
mount with same size spacers on both races.

Discussion Thread

r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-29 01:07:01 UTC Pre load specification Wally K 2000-10-29 01:40:49 UTC Re: Pre load specification r_fl_z@h... 2000-10-29 01:20:15 UTC Re: Pre load specification Wally K 2000-10-29 01:26:04 UTC Re: Pre load specification Wally K 2000-10-29 01:30:53 UTC Re: Pre load specification ptengin@a... 2000-10-29 02:05:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pre load specification ballendo@y... 2000-10-29 13:31:40 UTC Re: Re: Pre load specification