CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Additional Instructions for the Scripted Linux install

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-07-13 08:35:03 UTC

I ran into the same problem on one system and forgot to mention it. The
xconfig window has 4 buttons at the botton (Save & Exit, Exit without Save,
Load Config from File, and Save Config to File. The real labels say
something different, but you get the drift). Unfortunately, if you are
running Xwindows in 640 x 480 mode you can not see these buttons and there
is no way to scroll down to them.

So, the solution is to configure Xwindows to 800 x 600 or greater
resolution. If you do that you will see the buttons and all will work great.

Please give it another try with Xwindows at 800 x 600 or more and let me
know if it works for you.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 1999-07-13 08:35:03 UTC Additional Instructions for the Scripted Linux install Bob Bachman 1999-07-13 12:05:24 UTC Re: Additional Instructions for the Scripted Linux install Tim Goldstein 1999-07-13 09:20:51 UTC Re: Additional Instructions for the Scripted Linux install Andy Olney 1999-07-13 22:03:45 UTC Re: Additional Instructions for the Scripted Linux install