CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

:Re: digitizer arm

on 2000-11-15 03:38:19 UTC
Dave, Ballendo,

A thread a few weeks back was talking about an electronic "center
finder". Which might benefit a little from this digitizing effort.
Could a strain gauge (or 2, or 3) be used as the sensor in a center
finder or digitizing arm?

Alan

dave engvall wrote:

> ballendo@... wrote:
>
> > P.S.S. Will the IR work (reflect correctly?) on compound surfaces?
> > The Picza (3D scanner) by Roland uses piezio (squish a crystal, it
> > puts out electrons) technology to sense the surface.
>
> IR follows the rules of physics just like any other light. Power and detection are usually the problems. A little more
> energy/photon makes it easier.
>
> Piezio is usually ultrasound. (AFIK) but then I learn something every day if I'm not careful. ;-)
>
> Hexcel sells a scanner service.....laser interferometer to do 3D.
> Set up the scanner so it sees on side of the object and let is go to work.
> They were doing some sales work at the NW Machine Tool Show a couple of years ago. No idea of costs.
>
> Dave

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-15 03:38:19 UTC :Re: digitizer arm dave engvall 2000-11-15 08:38:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] :Re: digitizer arm Smoke 2000-11-15 09:24:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] :Re: digitizer arm