CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: more Re: mill threading

on 2000-11-15 03:42:27 UTC
Ballendo,

Thanks, I'll try to work this out. Do you know offhand if the Sherline
tailstock can be used with the adjustable angle table? Or does it need
other stuff to use, like with the divider head? I guess I could make
one.

Alan

ballendo@... wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Just after I hit "send" I realised you could also set this up to cut
> one flank of the thread at a time. Just "return" the x axis a little
> less (conventional milling) or a little more (climb milling)than the
> threaded length each pass. One way to do this would be to use a G91
> (incremental) X.010 (plus or minus) at the beginning of each "angled
> line". This would cause the cutter to cut more with one side than the
> other.
>
> Hope this makes sense.
>
> Ballendo
>
> P.S. The .010 is just an example. the REAL number would relate to
> thread angle and depth of cut taken each pass.
>
> P.S.S. Realise if you do this that the finished threads' position
> will "shift" since you are not going straight in. Take this into
> account.

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-15 03:42:27 UTC Re: more Re: mill threading diazden 2000-11-15 06:19:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] more Re: mill threading ballendo@y... 2000-11-15 17:04:39 UTC Re: more Re: mill threading