CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Compumotor Parts Update

on 2000-11-15 10:59:39 UTC
Brian,

Just a thought, you might consider "pairing up" with a knowledgeable
person from this list. Pick out a motor, find it's companion driver
board & power supply, and fire it up! That gives you something to play
with. Fixing/building up your own boards, unless you have the PROPER
schematic and skills, will probably not be fruitful.

Alan

PS, Mariss IS just such a "knowledgeable person"!

Brian Williams wrote:

> Hello,
>
> First I feel as though I should apologize to everybody for wasting their
> time with my questions. I am not sure how to address the situation so
> everybody benefits from my interest in these parts I inherited from my
> uncle. He left all his "shop stuff" to me since I restore cars. I have been
> doing my best to try and figure out what the heck it all is and I must tell
> you it's been nothing short of a real pain in my...
>
> I have sold some of the things that I inherited on Ebay ( you've noticed the
> word "ebay" in my links I'm sure ) and I suspect some of you feel as though
> I am using this group as means for finding out what all this crap is so I
> can sell it. Those of you who do are certainly mistaken. My purpose here
> Ballendo is to learn about this stuff and perhaps experience the joy's of
> it's therapeutic value like my uncle did for years. Perhaps maybe I should
> just email you outside the group; except I know there is so much more
> knowledge within all the people in it.
>
> To answer a few more of your questions, I can tell you some of the boards
> are still being made today and others are not. I have been having trouble
> identifying the boards that aren't clearly marked "Compumotor" so I have no
> answer about them except that they are old. That's perfectly acceptable for
> me.
>
> Here's the part where I truly waste your time. I'm not sure what I want to
> build yet. I guess once I feel I have enough of a grasp on what my
> possibilies are I'll get more seriuos about it. I'm only only starting out
> here and my first goal is to see what I have inherited. Maybe I should
> participate in the group at a later date when I have more knowledge about
> this stuff; like for instance, what is Mariss?
>
> Brian

Discussion Thread

Brian 2000-11-14 16:51:43 UTC [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Compumotor Parts Update ballendo@y... 2000-11-14 19:05:48 UTC re:Compumotor Parts Update Brian Williams 2000-11-15 00:24:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Compumotor Parts Update Brian Williams 2000-11-15 00:28:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Compumotor Parts Update Brian Williams 2000-11-15 00:28:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:Compumotor Parts Update Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-15 10:59:39 UTC re:Compumotor Parts Update ballendo@y... 2000-11-15 16:08:55 UTC Re: re:rE:Compumotor Parts Update ballendo@y... 2000-11-15 18:45:33 UTC re:Compumotor Parts Update