CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter

on 2000-11-18 08:33:35 UTC
Ballendo,

I don't think this is a good approach. This will only works once and
can result in long term bad feelings towards you from the
distributor. Hopefully, you'll never need anything from these people
again. Besides, most distributors will see right through this ploy.
I get this all the time.."Give us a quote on 100 parts, but I'll need
one right away". Not only do they not get the one part, since
they've insulted my intelligence I don't even bother quoting the part
or any other from that customer.

I suggest being up front with the distributor. Throw yourself at
their mercy. Personally, I'd be more likely to give a small customer
a break if I know exactly where they're coming from.

Doug

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, ballendo@y... wrote:
(snip)

> 5) Present yourself as an INDUSTRIAL user! Who will be buying a LOT
> of stuff! Not as a home shop guy making "one machine for my
garage"!
> There are definite price structures which although not always fair,
> MUST be taken into consideration.

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-11-18 00:31:14 UTC re: thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter Greg Nuspel 2000-11-18 03:25:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter dougrasmussen@c... 2000-11-18 08:33:35 UTC thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter Doug Harrison 2000-11-18 08:58:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter Doug Harrison 2000-11-18 10:23:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter