CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter

Posted by Doug Harrison
From: Anne Ogborn <anniepoo@...>

> > 5. Don't expect much from local industrial suppliers. These are
notorious
> > for bad service. There are exceptions, but most will not give you the
time
> > of day if they don't already know you. One exception is when they know
you
> > are contracting to a major corporation they are trying to get an account
> > with. They will suck up to you like car salesmen. I got a good price
on a
> > welder once this way.
> >

> Strange,
> I've had good luck with local people. The folks at Coast Tool have gone
WAY
> out of their way to help me, and I've probably spent $300 with them.

Again, there are notable exceptions as you have indicated. I have some
local vendors that were good to me from the beginning when I was just
another darned yankee in town. These vendors are also the most successful
ones.

Doug

Discussion Thread

Anne Ogborn 2000-11-18 13:08:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter Doug Harrison 2000-11-18 15:43:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] thomson shafts was Re: Cnc Project-- combo router- plasma cutter