CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: UK and Europe source for ballscrews

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-20 06:38:25 UTC
Wally Asks;

Did you get the ends of the screws premachined the way you wanted
them or do you have to have them machined.

How much were the screws and how much was shipping.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Mike's tech toys" <mikestech@x>
wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> This may be interesting for those on this side of the big pond.
>
> Following a lead from list member Terry Owens, I ended up
purchasing ball
> screws from Eagland Machine Tools Ltd in the UK.
> For less than the lowest priced 16 mm preloaded ballscrews I could
buy
> locally,
> Ian supplied me with 4 high quality preloaded 28 mm NSK ball screws.
> They come in pairs (1 short, about 400 mm eff. length, 1 long,
about 1000
> mm).
>
> After the initial information exchange and money order, the screws
arrived
> securely crated in 2 working days.
> You may find packing and shipping costs being a substantial part of
the
> total price (which probably tells you how cheap the screws are).
>
> Obviously I am very pleased with Ian's service and would like to
recommend
> doing business with him.
>
> He can be reached at Ian@e...
>
> Mike,
> Netherlands.

Discussion Thread

Mike's tech toys 2000-11-20 04:15:57 UTC UK and Europe source for ballscrews Mike's tech toys 2000-11-20 04:16:15 UTC UK and Europe source for ballscrews Mike's tech toys 2000-11-20 04:16:23 UTC UK and Europe source for ballscrews Wally K 2000-11-20 06:38:25 UTC Re: UK and Europe source for ballscrews Mike's tech toys 2000-11-20 12:20:41 UTC Re: UK and Europe source for ballscrews