CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Prototyping In Action

Posted by Don Hughes
on 1999-07-17 21:16:15 UTC
Now, if we wanted to let homebrewing projects really get sophisticated,
building an STL machine would be it. That is one project that I would
definitely be involved in. A couple of years back I did some CAD work
for a film studio that used STL to make the props. It really wouldn't be
too hard to do, but the expense would be in the laser to solidify the
STL liquid medium.

Charles Brumbelow wrote:

> From: Charles Brumbelow <cbrumbelow@...>
>
> Check out the prototype of the Railking Hell Gate Bridge at MTH's web
> site
>
> http://www.mth-railking.com/
>
> If you click on the photo you'll go to a page that talks about the
> machine they used to construct the prototype of the model bridge.
> Interesting stuff.

Discussion Thread

Charles Brumbelow 1999-07-17 15:54:42 UTC Prototyping In Action Charles Gallo 1999-07-17 18:02:15 UTC Re: Prototyping In Action Don Hughes 1999-07-17 21:16:15 UTC Re: Prototyping In Action