CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport retrofit

Posted by Rick Dulas
on 2000-12-09 13:09:40 UTC
Howdy! This is exactly what I have, CNC Series I, and plan on using Gecko G201s to drive the steppers and CNCpro to control it.

About all I kept from the BOSS 5 was the amazing transformers and some capacitors. There is a big mutha with 3 identical primaries
and secondaries on one core which will put out ~70 volts with a 110 input. This shows up on the parts list as T2. However, T1 could
also be used w/ a 110 input giving ~65 volts out. This one is rated as a 1KVA transformer, more than enough to drive the steppers.

There is nothing quite like "big iron". <G>

Rick Dulas