CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re: Re : Ports (used machines)

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-09 22:38:30 UTC
Doug H wrote:
>By the time all the P-port cards and chips are used up, won't
>the "NEW (many thousands of dollars) machine!" be just another old
>worn out clunker waiting for one of us CCED'ers to rescue it?

Doug,

I'm not sure if your response was tongue in cheek or not...

What I'm saying is that some of us have a different standard for what
our customer wants. For many, the customer is themself. For others,
the customer is educated in the field and capable. For some, the
customer is fearfully treading into an area he/she wants to believe
will help his/her 'bottom line'. This third class of customer is not
going to respond well to the idea that the old clunker PC is going
to 'run' the expensive new machine...

And product designers had better take into account this "percieved
reality" as they make choices...

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread