CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re : Ports (used machines)

Posted by Doug Harrison
From: <ballendo@...>

> Doug H wrote:
> >By the time all the P-port cards and chips are used up, won't
> >the "NEW (many thousands of dollars) machine!" be just another old
> >worn out clunker waiting for one of us CCED'ers to rescue it?
>
> Doug,
>
> I'm not sure if your response was tongue in cheek or not...

I must apologize for not following this thread closely enough. It now
appears that I missed the point entirely.

> For some, the customer is fearfully treading into an area he/she wants to
believe
> will help his/her 'bottom line'. This third class of customer is not
> going to respond well to the idea that the old clunker PC is going
> to 'run' the expensive new machine...

We could look at this from an entirely different perspective. This type of
customer is also going to be a conservative fellow. Tell him the system
uses a parallel port because of it's record of reliability. The rest of the
PC can still be "current" stuff.

> And product designers had better take into account this "percieved
> reality" as they make choices...

Well, I can't argue that. And if we are going to live with Windows, then we
really should have the advantages of something like USB or ethernet.

Doug

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-09 22:38:30 UTC Re: Re: Re : Ports (used machines) Doug Harrison 2000-12-10 07:07:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re: Re : Ports (used machines)