CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box (OT)

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-12 02:45:55 UTC
Jon wrote:
>Chips don't work the way the data sheet says the do, and you
>have to call the guy who DESIGNED the chip, or the guy who built the
>test rig that tests them at the factory, to get the real story.

Boy, ain't this the truth... It's even worse if they don't like
the 'real story' and keep peddling the 'suppos-ed story'...

Sometimes Ithink this is how they pay for their development costs.
Put some unrealistic specs', knowing we're all gonna blow up some
chips and be back for more. Then, once we have spent(paid for) our
portion of the development cost, they let us in on the secrets...

Okay, I REALLY don't believe this, and have 'smoked' fewer than my
fair share of chips, but it's still a pain in the...

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-12 02:45:55 UTC Re: Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box (OT) Jon Elson 2000-12-12 16:34:44 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Re:Smart Box / Dumb Box (OT)