CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: EMC and computer microphonics

Posted by Fred Proctor
on 1999-07-23 07:08:28 UTC
daveland@... wrote:

> Has anyone noticed that when EMC starts up the stepper tasks
> that your computer "whines" at the emc task rate?

I haven't noticed this on any of my machines, which range from a Pentium
133 to Pentium Pro 200 to a Pentium something laptop.

The stepper task writes bytes to IO space at the stepper rate,
regardless of whether anything has changed or not. I could suppress
writes of the bytes if they don't change. If ISA bus IO writes are
causing the whine, they should go away when motion stops. I'll put this
change in the queue and let you know when I post it.

--Fred

Discussion Thread

daveland@x... 1999-07-19 20:16:56 UTC EMC and computer microphonics Tim Goldstein 1999-07-19 23:36:17 UTC RE: EMC and computer microphonics Fred Proctor 1999-07-23 07:08:28 UTC Re: EMC and computer microphonics