CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Scanner/Digitizer more maxNC

on 2001-01-03 00:13:41 UTC
Ballendo,

Curious, I wonder what Otto did, build a library? a TSR? Yeah, not so
much hooks we were looking for, but the question asked (Tom) about LPT
pins, signal polarities, etc (IMO). I'll try to contact the Motion
Group.

>The MaxNC 'digitiser' is a 3D switch which opens/closes when
>it 'hits' something. This is used with a standard gcode 'skip'
>function. They use G61 I think. Generally, 'skip' is G31. Skip
>function means go to the specified coordinates, UNLESS the switch is
>tripped. IF the switch is tripped, STOP!

Can give me a snippet of gcode to demo these two commands? So any gcode
program SHOULD be able to digitizing? I saw a line marked M61 on the
MaxNC interface, might have been a typo.

G61 X 1.0 Y 0.0
G31 ?

We never did come up with a digitizer design! You mean we have to BUY
one?

Thanks,

Alan KM6VV