CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Boeing Surplus

Terry May wrote:

> This is a question for Jon Elson or anyone else who might know,
>
> I'm wondering since Boeing bought out McDonnell Douglas, if there
> is anything like the Boeing surplus sales going on in the St. Louis
> area?

It may be historical, but McD did not have a real surplus outlet open
to the outside. I think employees may have had some system that
allowed them to pick over stuff going out to the scrap dealers.
One method was for McD to pull everything they wanted out of a
building, and then let scrap dealers poke around and make a bid
for the entire building's contents. That was a way to get rid of a
huge amount of stuff with minimum effort. Shapiro Supply on
Natural Bridge in St; Louis gets a lot of stuff from them. They have
2 Quonset huts filled with stuff literally stacked to the ceiling.
You want an AC power systems test station for the F-15?
They got 3 or 4 of them, but they've been sitting in the rain for a
while. Kind of drives me crazy to see this kind of stuff sitting
in the rain, and angle iron inside the building, but that's their
real business. They had ** 7 ** dumpsters filled with the radar
seeker heads from Harpoon missiles! I don't know what they
did with that stuff, but I had to work hard to resist bringing one
of those home!

They had 55 gallon drums of solid carbide circuit board drills in
little plastic boxes, and I got a lifetime supply of those!
They now have 10,000 Lbs of end mills from McD, according to
their newspaper ad. Most, if not all, are regrinds, many of them
are chipped. but, I got a good supply of them, too.

Terry May 2001-01-07 10:47:31 UTC Boeing Surplus dave engvall 2001-01-07 18:14:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Boeing Surplus Jon Elson 2001-01-07 19:39:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Boeing Surplus Hugh Prescott 2001-01-07 19:43:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Boeing Surplus Terry May 2001-01-08 15:40:13 UTC Re: Boeing Surplus Jon Elson 2001-01-08 16:10:31 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Boeing Surplus Dan Eaton 2001-01-08 20:33:27 UTC Re: Boeing Surplus Terry May 2001-01-09 15:49:52 UTC Re: Boeing Surplus