CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Master5 CNC Control for Windows

Posted by Ian Wright
on 2001-01-12 13:26:11 UTC
Hi Art,

I downloaded your new Beta to give it a try but seem to have a few
hiccoughs. At the moment the computer is not hooked up to anything that
moves - nothing at all on the parallel port. So far in about 5 attempts the
program has crashed and locked the computer each time after 1 - 2 minutes.
This could be a bad download I suppose but when the thing is operating it
seems to all be working OK. Now a couple of questions. Should I be able to
re-run Control.exe after the program has been run once? It doesn't seem to
want to let me and so I am assuming that I would have to re-install the
whole program if I wanted to change the pin assignments or whatever to run a
different machine. Also, I can't remember seeing anywhere to set the
polarity of the E-stop switch or limits - perhaps I didn't look closely
enough? Is this Beta limited or fully working? It certainly looks the
business and I would like to be able to give it a proper test. One other
comment is that it is a bit difficult to use on an 800 x 600 display as you
lose some of the information and have to scroll around. As this size seems
to be very common on older computers and especially on the smaller monitors
you are likely to find in a workshop, it may be worth considering shrinking
things down a bit to fit such a display resolution. As regards the 'linear'
4th axis, that would suit me just fine as it would work well with the
non-standard dividing head I am planning on building (216:1 so as to be able
to accurately divide all the gear numbers used in clocks and watches)
Thanks,

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright