CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] mig welding linear shaft

Posted by Marcus & Eva
on 2001-01-20 08:01:00 UTC
Hi Richard:
This is kind of like the idea of jumping off the bridge to find out if
it will kill you or not.
You don't need to try it to find out if it's bad. You KNOW it's bad, just
by looking over the guardrail.
If you want to stiffen the router rails, bolt the ribs on.
You can poke holes into the round rails and bolt through with far less risk
to the rails.
Figure out where the balls run on the rails, and keep your bolt holes away
from those areas.
If you absolutely need to get blind bolt holes into a hardened rail, find a
toolroom with CNC EDM capabilities, and get them to burn the threads in.
You can make the electrodes on your lathe out of tellurium copper (avoids
the pigpen mess of graphite)
so you can save some bucks.

DON'T WELD THE RAILS!!!!!! YOU WILL REGRET IT BIG TIME!!!!!

Cheers
Marcus