CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Images on websites, was Re: Subject: not stiff enough!

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-01-20 15:08:48 UTC
Steve Greenfield wrote:

> I -want- to see the pictures larger. But may I suggest you don't set
> the size tags in the HTML to anything other than the actual image
> size?

Well, another option is to make thumbnails, this is the route I took on
virtually all pics on my web site. They load fast and if someone wants a
closer look, they only endure the longer download time for the pics they
want to view.
And thanks for posting this, I didn't know about on-the-fly resizing of
pics, and wondered why pics at some sites took so long to load.

Jon Anderson 2001-01-20 15:08:48 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Images on websites, was Re: Subject: not stiff enough! Steve Greenfield 2001-01-20 19:37:49 UTC Images on websites, was Re: Subject: not stiff enough!