CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Low cost coolant piump and tank

Posted by Peter Smith
on 2001-01-21 04:23:14 UTC
Smoke/List

About 4 years ago my wifes carpet washer ( Auto Mist, US manufacture I
think,) packed up, burnt out vacuum motor, The washer pump side of things
being OK, It was immediately converted to a coolant pump, I had to add a
bleed off back to the built in reservoir to reduce the pressure, but it has
worked very well, the complete thing being used for Lathe, Mill, and
grinder.

The pump and motor is rubber mounted beneath the main housing shell, and is
very well protected from accidental splashing.

As far as I can remember, the last time I had the pump off about 2 years
ago, it has two/four rubber flap valves, these had swollen and were catching
the sides of the valve seats, stopping them from closing properly, I had no
suitable material at the time, so a quick snip around the rubbers with the
scissors brought them back to life, I have since obtained some suitable
material to cut new rubbers, but the thing just keeps going,

Appologies to all the females who are now going to have dirty carpets.

Peter Smith