CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Subject: GT vs. HTD belts

Posted by Rose, Gary
on 2001-01-24 06:10:20 UTC
Ballendo,

Where I work (a major copier/printer company that starts with an X), we use
Powergrip GT belts for most applications.

As I understand it, the profile is curvilinear (like HTD) but is closer to a
gear tooth-like profile (it is not an involute however). In practice, we
found that the belts didn't need as much tension to prevent jumping and
tended to be quieter in operation. For most of the readers of this list,
noise probably isn't an issue, but I think it indicates a better mesh
between pulley and belt. This probably helps for better motion quality
(accuracy).

Gates claims that the PGGT belts are in fact more accurate, but I have never
compared HTD to GT for accuracy. I will say, that they are quite accurate
enough for the scanner and transport applications that we use them for.

Gary

> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 04:13:32 -0000
> From: ballendo@...
> Subject: GT vs. HTD belts
>
> Carlos,
>
> Here's some info from the Gates' site.
>
> http://www.gates.com/facts/documents/Gf000102.pdf
>
> I don't know if these are available in the smaller sizes/pitches we
> typically use. They appear to be an "improved" HTD style, and NOT
> just a "renamed" HTD (which Gates HAS done in the past).
>
> Anyone have any experience with these?
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

Rose, Gary 2001-01-24 06:10:20 UTC RE: Subject: GT vs. HTD belts ballendo@y... 2001-01-25 05:22:07 UTC re:RE: Subject: GT vs. HTD belts Carlos Guillermo 2001-01-25 05:41:21 UTC RE: GT vs. HTD belts