CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo Motors

cnc002@... wrote:

> Hello list:
>
> Does EMC support driving Servo Motors as well as Stepper Motors?

EMC was designed from the ground up for servo systems, and it is only a
later mod to support steppers, both open-loop and with encoder feedback.

> Also does
> it support subroutines as most other CNC controllers do.

No subroutines right now. This is kind of a sore spot. It DOES have variables,
and I have done some stuff using variables that would have been done as a
subroutine otherwise. This required me to sit there hitting the start button for
each cycle through.

> I am interested in a software package that will allow me to use either
> steppers or servos depending on the application and all of my customers want
> the subroutine support, of course.
>
> Of course I would like the software to be able to output both the
> step/directions signals and an analog voltage to run the servos or a PWM
> signal that can be converted to an analog voltage.

Well, you can get one or the other. I don't know of any system that allows you
to get both step/dir and analog voltages at the same time.

cnc002@a... 2001-01-27 09:05:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo Motors Tim Goldstein 2001-01-27 12:07:09 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo Motors Jon Elson 2001-01-27 13:19:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC and Servo Motors