CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Has anyone converted a manual Taig Mill to CNC ?

Posted by rab@r...
on 2001-01-31 10:57:30 UTC
Lloyd,

What size/type motors and controllers are you using ?
What's the backlash like in the Z axis ?

Rab

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., "Lloyd Stallkamp" <lloyd.stallkamp@h...>
wrote:
> I'd also be interested in anyones experience in doing the
conversion from
> scratch. I bought the CNC ready TAIG mill and added the necessary
> components to make it CNC--the price seemed worth it. The motor
mounts are
> well made and would be hard to duplicate and although the lead
screws aren't
> zero backlash they're reasonably close--.0015 on X and .001 on Y.
Also, the
> motor shaft couplings that come with the CNC ready setup are well
> designed--could be easily duplicated but I probably would not have
come up
> with the idea myself. It only took about an hour or so to add the
stepper
> motors and have the system up and running--I'm using the Ahha
Artisan PRO