CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Motor Identification

integrale@... wrote:

> I need help determining the sutability of a servo motor for a sherline
> size machine. They are P/N 127E2370 from Japan Servo Co. I went to
> the Japan Servo site with no avail. The only other information I have
> is the emf constant of 6.4v/Krpm it is about 5" long including the
> encoder.

Right there, I think you have a problem. This is a high speed motor.
At 24 V, it will already be going almost 4000 RPM. Maybe if used with
20 TPI screws it might actually work out OK, though. But, it would
need a very high belt reduction to work with more common 5 TPI
ballscrews.

It is pretty important to know the maximum peak current on all permanent
magnet motors. If you exceed the peak current, even for an instant,
the magnets can be 'erased', runining the motor.

integrale@e... 2001-02-04 19:42:50 UTC Servo Motor Identification Jon Elson 2001-02-04 22:56:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Motor Identification Jon Elson 2002-02-22 10:01:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo Motor Identification Dave Halliday 2006-04-17 22:52:18 UTC Servo Motor Identification