CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed

Posted by John
on 2001-02-14 17:30:03 UTC
Tracy,
have had no failure yet in over 3 years, normally replace every 6
months.
My machine is modified having a x travel of 650 mm (std is 200). Mostly
i do organic shapes that take around 30 to 40 hours in a finishing pass!

FYI i do not machine any metals, just plastics on my machine

Would like more speed and have read with much interest the comments on
70+ ipm being achieved by Dan Mauch, using 1/4-20. Dan, can u or others
inform us how u got such a high speed? Also what is the reduction in
machining time on a 3d finishing pass versus standard machine?

Thanks to all on the list, for their inspiration and assistance to a guy
who does not live near surplus stores.

John

Thanks John!

O-rings are plentiful and easy to obtain. Even if they wear twice
as quick as the regular belts they are still cheaper to replace
<grin>. (just hope they don't break in the middle of a job). What
kind of belt life are you getting from the O-rings?

Thanks again,
Tracy

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., John <machatak@t...> wrote:
> List,
> I also had this problem of wearing out Max-NC spindle belts too
quickly,
> and now use a simple O-ring about 3 mm in diameter.
> Tensioning is a little of a suck and see issue, too tight will put a
> high side load on the bearings of the spindle and motor, too loose
and
> it slips. What i found as good was to adjust until it was a little
bit
> taunt and then run for 10 minutes, if the mountings block for the
> spindle bearings ( there is on at the top and one at the bottom) get
> warm then you are ok, if too hot to touch then u need to loosen the
belt
> it is too tight.
>
> Hope this helps,
> John

Discussion Thread

John 2001-02-14 17:30:03 UTC Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed Dan Mauch 2001-02-15 06:56:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed James Owens 2001-02-15 07:49:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed Dan Mauch 2001-02-16 09:01:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Good source for MaxNC-10 Belts anyone + Speed