CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Taig CNC mill .......and Emco

on 2001-02-20 15:58:18 UTC
Hi Alan and list.
The point of changing the board was in each case to UPGRADE the software!
The earlier versions had all sorts of stupid limitations, eg G02 and G03
would only give a complete quadrant, not any part of a circular cut less
than 90deg. and a few others too. The new board is a direct sale - no
exchange.

The cross slide stepper is mounted on the front of the cross slide, and
drives the screw via a toothed timing belt. The longitudinal one is the
same. These machines do not have handwheels, only a push button jog
feature on both axes.

From memory it uses standard European stepper driver chips, and I think the
motion control is in software in the ROM.

Note I am talking about the self contained machine here - I believe they
did do a version which interfaced with a PC. Mine only has a standard
serial port to permit downloading programs into it, and even that uses a
non standard connector which is very hard to get hold of!

Jim Gregg