CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: ARC's, IKJ & R in Vector CAD/CAM, Art's program

on 2001-02-22 11:45:44 UTC
Thanks Fred,

Sounds like the "better" controller programs will ketch the radius miss
match errors. We had a question on connecting rods a week or two ago,
possibly on the Sherline list, where the wanted radius was almost 40"
(2" part). Being able to flag the errors BEFORE cutting would be a
plus. I don't get any errors out of my current controller! It was fun
to check out the connecting rod .DXF on Vector CAD/CAM, and see the code
generated for the 40" radius, something that wasn't obtainable
manually! I had edited a file manually, and had a typo on an arc, my
controller went nuts! That's the stuff I'd like to get warnings on.

Best Regards,

Alan KM6VV