CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Junction boards - WAS: Gecko 340 Servo motor

on 2001-02-22 19:34:44 UTC
Matt Shaver wrote:

> Steve Stallings wrote:
>
>> See: http://www.metalworking.com/par-port-board/index.html
>>
>> Assembled price is $39 each. There are presently eight units
>> available, but more could be ready in a couple of weeks if
>> there is any real demand for these.
>
>Just out of curiosity:
>
>1. What's going on with the GAL and the LS32?
>2. What is PMD eXpress?
>
>Inquiring minds...,
>Matt

Hi Matt,

1) Sorry, nothing related to CNC. My regular work includes lots
of development work for data communications devices. We often
use kluges based on an IBM-PM as custom test fixtures. The
GAL and 26LS32 are the basis of a gadget to capture some
RS422 control signals for debug. The junction board was a
sort of "kill two birds with one stone" thing, proto board for
work and junction board for hobby CNC. Now, when I get some spare
time, I hope to experiment with some really useful stuff! :>)

2) PMD, my regular company, does development work and sells to
the government and OEM customers. PMDeXpress is being set up
as an identity to sell to end users.

Cheers,
Steve

Discussion Thread

Steve Stallings 2001-02-22 19:34:44 UTC Re: Junction boards - WAS: Gecko 340 Servo motor