CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Learning CNC

on 2001-03-01 20:55:54 UTC
Hi John,

I've NEVER used a machine as you describe, but from what you describe,
if the ONLY way to input cuts is via a numeric keypad, I'd say they're
not the kind of CNC you want. You might be able to salvage the motors
and power supply, but that's all, IMO.
Again I must emphasize that I've NEVER used one!

If the price was LOWER (a steal) because the controller was fried and
would no longer run the hardware (mechanically OK), then it might be
interesting to get it, and add Dan's drivers, maybe new motors, and a
controller program.

OK I'm probably talking OUT of my LEAGUE, but I'm sure some other astute
observations from other list members can help you in your observations!

My main concern, it it just TOO BIG for me!

Hope I didn't muddy up the observations with my comments.

Alan KM6VV
Humm, wouldn't mind finding something SMALL like that myself!