CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Unregulated power supply

Posted by Gary Passon
on 1999-08-09 07:25:39 UTC
I've found the same thing... Curious perspective. It's kinda looks like they are "pricing-up"
the Power systems and "princing-down" the software and interface card. The $1500-2500
for the 12 amp (3-4 axis)power system seems a bit excessive and the Basic software and card
to emulate a Faunc-6 for $500-600 seems a little cheap. Even the Artisan software seems OK priced if it does all it sezs it
does.

So if I understand you correctly then EMC would output the Step/Dir on the parallel port
and the Ahha power system would recieve it and run the appropiate motors? I suppose
maybe a "special" cable might be necessary to get the signals on the "appropiate" pins.

Thanks
Gary Passon