CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MINC S/D or alternatives?

on 2001-03-27 13:24:09 UTC
Hi Cliff,

I haven't heard of MINC99. Is there a site for Digital Systems? do they
still do CNC programs? (that's the problem, right?). Engraving
sequential serial numbers sounds like a "batch" problem. I'd suggest
getting a BASIC (language) engrave program, and altering it to produce
sequential serial numbers.

Alan KM6VV

webring@... wrote:

> Bottom line up front: I need a program for engraving sequential
> serial numbers. Does anybody have a copy of MINC S/D that they can
> email me? It is no longer comercially available.
>
> I've been using MINC99 to run my Sherline, by John Cauley of Digital
> Systems. This program has some features that are unique to other
> inexpensive CNC programs, including the IF command. This has enabled
> me to write a program to perform sequential serializing.
> Unfortunately for me, my version has one of those hideous transistor
> driver boards, and mine has burned out--again. It's time to upgrade
> to step/direction. John had promised to email me the s/d version when
> I was ready...but unfortunately for his wife, John died about a year
> ago.
>
> Does anybody have a copy of the s/d program, that doesn't require the
> key, that they can email me? I really need to get this machine back
> online!
>
> OR
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion for a PC based CNC control program
> that outputs s/d signals, and has serial number capability?
>
> Thanks!!!
>
> Cliff

Discussion Thread

webring@r... 2001-03-27 11:05:50 UTC MINC S/D or alternatives? Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-03-27 13:24:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MINC S/D or alternatives? Cliff Griffin 2001-03-27 13:34:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MINC S/D or alternatives? Ray 2001-03-28 06:48:11 UTC Re: MINC S/D or alternatives? Tom Eldredge 2001-03-28 07:33:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MINC S/D or alternatives? Tom Eldredge 2001-03-30 08:02:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MINC S/D or alternatives?