CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another Power Supply Question

Bob Bachman wrote:

> From: Bob Bachman <bobach@...>
>
> I want to use a pc power supply for a project. Some pc power supplies
> won't run unless hooked to a motherboard? I know there is a 'power
> made good' connection which feeds back from the mbd to the ps.
> How do I make the ps think it's connected to a mbd?

No, the power OK is a signal from the PS to the motherboard that
it is OK to start operation. Mostly, these power supplies need a load
on at least the +5 and +12 outputs. If the load is too small, the voltage
will surge past the desired voltage and cause the overvoltage crowbar
to trip. You will probably need to draw a few amps at +5V and at
least a half or one amp at +12V.

Bob Bachman 1999-08-18 21:26:50 UTC Another Power Supply Question Jon Elson 1999-08-18 21:52:02 UTC Re: Another Power Supply Question Bob Bachman 1999-08-19 07:54:14 UTC Re: Another Power Supply Question