CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: Projects Status

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-08-18 20:57:50 UTC
Dan,

From the reading I have been doing, the power supply for a flowing gas CO2
is constructed from a variac, a neon sigh transformer(NST),and if you want
to run on DC (recommended) a number of microwave oven diodes. It appears
that the required voltage is determined by the length of the plasma tube and
that a larger NST is better as you can throttle it back with the variac.
Seems like the top size I hear discussed is 15kv/60ma with something in the
9-12kv range /30ma being more common.

I would suggest you join the LaserGrowers mailing list and ask there for any
hints or ideas.

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread