CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]EMC Black Box - was Re:: Can CNCPro users provide some input?

Posted by dave engvall
on 2001-03-28 20:06:12 UTC
William Scalione wrote:

> Ray
>
> Boy this would be nice. Has anyone ever got the EMC GUI running
> on a windows box networked to a monitorless, keyboardless,
> RtLinux/EMC machine before? I remember some talk about this
> at one time
>
> Bill

At one time i seriously considered running a separate machine with my CAD program on it....then using vnc to my 19" screen on the
linux machine. Still may do that just to avoid having to boot into Windoze to do CAD work.

Actually I was considering vnc to a HP9000 that uses this screen as its native display. I think this is easier and more flexible.

Dave

Discussion Thread

dave engvall 2001-03-28 20:06:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]EMC Black Box - was Re:: Can CNCPro users provide some input?