CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help..

Posted by Bob Dring
on 2001-04-05 05:49:50 UTC
Doug,

I only know something about one model of Dyna, the 2400C.
If you have this one then you can indeed do offline programming.
either upload or download programs or drip feed.
You only need the Quickbasic program listed in the Dyna docs to upload,
download and dripfeed.
There are at least 2 CAM systems that can Post the unusual Dyna file format.
Mastercam and Powerstation.

Don't get me wrong an upgrade is not a bad idea. I just thought that you
might be unaware of the existing features.

Also Dyna used to offer a trade up price to a PC Gcode based machine ($$$)

Bob, Sydney, Australia

At 04:04 AM 05-04-01 -0000, you wrote:
>Group,
>
>A friend and sometimes customer has one of the small Dyna mills which
>badly needs a conversion to a more friendly control. The existing
>Dyna control is almost impossible to use, not only is it horrible to
>program it doesn't have any offline communication method. The
>converted machine is to be used for small jewelry sized projects in
>relatively soft materials.

<Big Snip>

Doug

Discussion Thread

dougrasmussen@c... 2001-04-04 21:04:08 UTC DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. Larry Edington 2001-04-04 21:55:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. Ian Wright 2001-04-05 02:13:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help.. Bob Dring 2001-04-05 05:49:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] DynaMechtronics CNC conversion, friend needs help..