CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G12 G61

Smoke wrote:

> Unlees you have a system that uses special G-coding, I believe you mean g09
> rather than G12 (G12 is used for CW circular pocket milling )
>
> At any rate, the G61 code is and exact stop "modal" command. This means
> every subsequent move will cause the machine to come to an exact stop before
> starting the next move until the command is canceled. The G09 code will do
> the same thing EXCEPT it only performs the function one time.
>
> "Rapid and interpolated moves will decelerate to an exact stop before
> another block is processed. this will take a longer time and continuous
> cutter motion will not occur. This may cause deeper cutting where the tool
> stops."
>
> The above quote was taken directly from the Hass manual.
>
> This command possibly could be used in areas where the speed of the machine
> might cause an overshoot (say for hole locations?) or where the depth of a
> pocket or hole must be held very close (in which case the operator would
> need to be aware of the "deeper cutting".

I have to use this when drilling PC boards with tiny drills, for instance. I want to
be sure the table has stopped moving before the drill bit starts to plunge down.
If you are running the machine at high feedrates to get to the next hole location
quickly, for instance, the Z axis could start plunging well before the table has
arrived at the desired location, without the G61.

edwardhmy@y... 2001-04-06 21:16:37 UTC G12 G61 Smoke 2001-04-07 19:39:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G12 G61 Jon Elson 2001-04-07 20:48:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G12 G61 Smoke 2001-04-07 21:17:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] G12 G61