CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

driver performance

Posted by CG
on 1999-08-24 10:03:09 UTC
Dan-

Your 5A 36V drivers look like an incredible deal.

I've been looking at Microkinetics' DM4050 drivers (40V, 5A) but only using
them for half-stepping. Matched with their 34M315 motors (size 34, 315
oz-in) and PWR36 supplies (36V, 10A unreg.) they've got curves that say they
can do 170 oz-in minimum out to 500 rpm and then ramp down to 50 oz-in at
1900 rpm. (half-step mode, parallel wiring, at 5A). With 2:1 gear
reduction and .200" pitch ballscrew, I've been hoping to use them out to
1100 rpm at 100 oz-in on my custom machine. On paper, that's supposed to
offer 354 lbs thrust before losses.

Anyway, the reason for my going-on is that I would like to use your stuff,
and I'm wondering how the performance compares. I only need half-stepping,
given that most control software doesn't output high enough steprates to get
decent speed out of anything finer.

Thanks,
Carlos