CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: driver performance

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-08-26 14:13:53 UTC
Peter,
You probably already know it but here it is any how:
I assume the your power supply is unregulated. If that is the case, it is perfectly normal for it to dip under heavy load.

Under light load it will charge up the capacitor to peak voltage but under heavy load, you will see the drop in transformer
voltage plus the capacitor will be significantly discharged between each half cycle. That is the "ripple" and the average
output voltage will be lower for that reason too.

Bertho Boman
PTENGIN@... wrote:

> -----> snip

> I saw it written that power supply current should be at least three times motor current so I will
> need to build three 40 volt 20 amps supplies. (I scoped the output of my 10
> amp supplies and could see the voltage dip during heavy acceleration) If the
> 4050s let me down, I may opt for Dan' s or AMP's drivers.
>
> Peter
> PT Engineering Co.

Discussion Thread

CG 1999-08-24 10:03:09 UTC driver performance PTENGIN@x... 1999-08-26 12:35:03 UTC Re: driver performance Bertho Boman 1999-08-26 14:13:53 UTC Re: driver performance PTENGIN@a... 1999-08-26 15:54:34 UTC Re: driver performance