CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Taig as XZ lathe slide

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2001-04-18 07:12:34 UTC
C'mon Robin, you got to give me more information than that.
I can pick up Hardinge DV59's and Chuckers all day long for less than 5000, sometimes for less than 1000.
So what's stopping someone from grabbing up this great Iron and putting a 2 axis CNC slide on them?
I'm not talking about 450 IPM rapids, I just want to know if it would work and at what performance level.
People in this buisiness suffer from the thought that if it don't cost 50 grand it must be no good! Let's keep things in
perspective here.