CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: MaxNC Controller Question

Posted by tcs_ahp@y...
on 2001-04-23 11:49:47 UTC
Native DOS. How fast can you move with the 70oz/in motors?

I'm going to try DeskNC this afternoon- I didn't realize that it
would output phase drive. I rather suspect that the problem isn't in
the software. I don't think it's worth screwing around with that POS
drive to make it work, either. A relatively expensive lesson, but at
least I got three steppers for my $600. Unfortunately, they aren't
twin shaft.

Thanks for the help so far,
Scott

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...> wrote:
> Hi Scott,
>
> Only idea I have, and I'm sure you're aware of it, are you running
under
> DOS or a DOS window? I have the 70 oz/in, so I really can't
compare.

> Alan KM6VV
>
> Scott Bennett wrote:
> >
> > Hope somebody can help, as MaxNC support has been
> > useless so far.
> >
> > I have the 145oz-in MaxNC controller currently
> > connected to a Taig mill. I am using a 400MHz PII, and
> > everything is plugged into a 20amp grounded outlet. I
> > have fiddled for a week with both the timeset.exe and
> > pr.exe programs. However, under any combination of
> > parameters, I cannot get the motors (Pac Sci) to turn
> > more than about 120rpm. This translates to a whopping
> > 6 inches/minute. I have tried increasing and
> > decreasing the jump start speed, as well as the
> > acceleration factor. I have tried a different
> > computer. No matter what I do, if I set the max speed
> > parameter below ~20000, the steppers stall. It doesn't
> > matter if the motors are connected to the leadscrews
> > or not, or if they are loaded or unloaded.
> >
> > Has anyone had a similar problem?
> >
> > I am about 24 hours from chucking the thing in the
> > wastebasket and buying something else, which is what I
> > probably should have done from the start.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott

Discussion Thread

Scott Bennett 2001-04-23 08:43:38 UTC MaxNC Controller Question Joe Vicars 2001-04-23 08:56:16 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Controller Question ballendo@y... 2001-04-23 09:05:26 UTC Re: MaxNC Controller Question Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-23 11:20:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Controller Question tcs_ahp@y... 2001-04-23 11:49:47 UTC Re: MaxNC Controller Question Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-04-23 12:36:22 UTC Re: MaxNC Controller Question Gail & Bryan Harries 2001-04-23 13:46:28 UTC RE: MaxNC Controller Question