CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] MaxNC Controller Question

Posted by Joe Vicars
on 2001-04-23 08:56:16 UTC
I think MaxNC drivers are "phase drive". So you can't use a step/dir controller like CNCpro.
You can download DeskNC (www.deskam.com) demo and try to run it as your control, using the MaxNC drivers. Make sure you set
the driver type to "phase drive" in the machine config window.
All of your max speed and accell parameters are easy to set and change. Carl at DeskNC is very helpful, and if it works it's only
100 bucks (last time I looked)
I have no experience with the MaxNC control so I can't offer advice there.
Do your drivers have a phase current setting and is this matched to the motor phase current?

Why is Duct Tape like "The Force"?
It has a light side, and a dark side, and it holds the Universe together!!