CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Rich's penholder[Spindle lock needed]

Posted by Rich D.
on 2001-04-26 19:54:45 UTC
ballendo,
That was my first thought but, the lower edge of the spindle pulley is
machined to a concave edge on my unit, leaving nothing to drill directly
into. Darn!
A spring loaded plunger as found on many power drills would be perfect.
If there is enogh meat in the spindle case side, a recess could be
machined to hold a plunger pin assy well enough under the pulley
to do the job and lock into place as well.
I want to avoid the top pulley surface if possible. (Don't ask me why).
Rich D., Atlanta and environs, chilly of late.