CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

NAMES Runoff - please post the gcode

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2001-05-03 07:38:40 UTC
Fred Smith wrote:

> Those of us fortunate enough to attend NAMES this year had a very rare
> experience on Sunday afternoon. We were able to see the same program
> running on several controllers and machines, simultaneously.....
> All systems could run the program. Ahha cut each line with ramping and was a
> poor performer, Flashcut cut with some stepping, but was able to be smoothed
> out with adjustment to the feed rates, both the EMC and Roland's machines
> were very smooth and performed as well with the complex 3D moves, as with 2d
> flat planar cutting.

Could someone please post that gcode file, or if not, please email me
a copy. Sounds like a good test. Also sounds like an attempt should be
made next year to have as many machines & controllers as possible running
and perhaps they all should be videotaped.

Thanks
Doug Fortune
http://www.cncKITS.com

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-05-03 07:38:40 UTC NAMES Runoff - please post the gcode Fred Smith 2001-05-03 11:06:49 UTC Re: NAMES Runoff - please post the gcode