CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any Links to PC Based CNC Retrofits or Tutorials?

Marty Escarcega wrote:

> I was referred to this group from the newsgroup alt.machines.cnc
> hopefully I'm in the right place for advice! :-)
>
> I'd like to know more of what's involved in doing a Home brew PC
> based CNC retrofit. I'm going to look at a CNC Bridgeport Mill
> tonight. Control is gone but I'm told the rest of the mill is
> complete. At this point I don't know which mill it is other than its
> not a fixed ram machine and "looks" like a regular manual Bridgeport
> other than its strictly CNC controlled. Has a 2hp Variable Speed
> head. I'm on a super restricted budget so it I'm looking at PC based
> EMC software etc. using the drives that are on the machine.
>
> Anyone ever document such a retrofit or conversion and put it up on
> a website? I'd like to "learn" a little more as to what might be
> involved...

This really isn't step-by-step documantation of a project, but you can see
some of the stages. I was starting with an old manual machine.

See http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/CNCconv.html
and http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/EMC.html
and there are more useful things under the CNC heading at
http://www.artsci.wustl.edu/~jmelson/Machining.html

Feel free to ask questions, etc.

Marty Escarcega 2001-05-03 08:56:10 UTC Any Links to PC Based CNC Retrofits or Tutorials? Jon Elson 2001-05-03 13:28:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any Links to PC Based CNC Retrofits or Tutorials? Marty Escarcega 2001-05-03 14:54:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Any Links to PC Based CNC Retrofits or Tutorials?