CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Confidence in vendors..slightly OT

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-05-05 05:23:03 UTC
Hello,

Eye wood knot trussed a computer spell checker two fined awl miss
steaks!

Ballendo

Doug,

I agree with you! But I feel that the spell checkers have actually
CAUSED more poor output. It seems the newspapers I read nowadays are
many times similar to the nonsense (but spelled correctly) sentence I
wrote above. The thought seems to be, the computer passed it, so it
must be okay!

Some pet peeves. Then, instead of than. Your, instead of you're.
Spell checker won't catch those either.

On the other hand. Many brilliant people can't spell worth a whit...
And the new business model(fewer people) means that these "idea"
people are pressed into service as graphic artists/ copywriters.
(sometimes they put themselves there, again trusting the computer to
get it right FOR THEM)

So I'm afraid we'll be seeing more, not less of this...

BTW, I'd STILL buy the Fadal! Pretty good machines, IMO.

Ballendo

P.S. MaxNC and CncPRO have had "hard" coded speeling errors for
years. Even after the errors were pointed out! This concerns me, for
the reasons you mention...

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., dougrasmussen@c... wrote:
> Group,
>A classy looking full page color ad for Fadal milling machines
>extolling their virtues, with two words misspelled.
<snip>
>The reason I bring this up is the question of how something like
>that could have happened in this age of spell checkers, etc.

>Obviously, a lack of attention to detail.
>
> As a topic for discussion, I wonder if others besides myself are
> bothered by little things like the lack of attention to the small
> details. For instance, if I'm looking at a company's product
> literature and see a number of grammatical errors and words spelled
> incorrectly it influences my purchase decision. My thoughts are,
> if they don't pay attention to the small stuff, how can I be sure
> they're paying attention to the details in their products?
>
> Comments?
>
> Doug
>
> PS, I make as many of spelling and grammatical errors in postings
as
> anybody, but I don't count those because we're not trying to
present
> a product for sale.

Yes, I'm aware of the speeling above :-) B.

Discussion Thread

dougrasmussen@c... 2001-05-04 23:06:51 UTC Confidence in vendors..slightly OT Ian Wright 2001-05-05 01:42:19 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confidence in vendors..slightly OT ballendo@y... 2001-05-05 05:23:03 UTC Re: Confidence in vendors..slightly OT Carol & Jerry Jankura 2001-05-05 06:07:36 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confidence in vendors..slightly OT Jon Anderson 2001-05-05 07:35:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confidence in vendors..slightly OT Ian Wright 2001-05-05 08:00:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Confidence in vendors..slightly OT dougrasmussen@c... 2001-05-05 08:00:41 UTC Re: Confidence in vendors..slightly OT dave engvall 2001-05-08 09:07:24 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Confidence in vendors..slightly OT