CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Reliable information - was Automatic boring head?

Posted by Ian Wright
From: <hexagon@...>
just take a look
> at one of the "stuck collet" replies just listed. I cannot see much
> difference between that and under water glass cutting,

I'm intrigued - which of the replies are you referring to? As far as I can
see, the only one which are not directly relevant is the one which
recommends a solid bar down the spindle. This would be quite a normal method
if the collet were longer than the end mill, although using the drawbar or
drawtube would be safer, but I think it should be quite clear that the
correspondent who suggested that either hadn't appreciated that the endmill
protruded from the back of the collet or was thinking of a different collet
type - probably one which he uses and to which this technique would be
perfectly appropriate. The standard of replies will always, of course, be
limited by the accuracy and detail presented in the question.
Nevertheless, in the space of less than a day, several different solutions
have been presented which are workable. In this situation I would be
interested to know what textbook you would consult for an answer to this
particular problem, it isn't one I can ever remember seeing written about in
a 'learned text'.

Ian
--
Ian W. Wright
Sheffield UK

Discussion Thread

Ian Wright 2001-05-05 01:11:27 UTC Reliable information - was Automatic boring head? hexagon@o... 2001-05-06 05:12:06 UTC Re: Reliable information - was Automatic boring head? Ian Wright 2001-05-06 09:54:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Reliable information - was Automatic boring head?